Saw-dodol (සව් දොදොල්)
Saw Dodol (Welithalapa) is a food, specially in Sinhala & Tamil New Year Season in Sri Lanka.
How to prepare Aluwa in Sri Lanka.
- 2 lbs Rice flour
- 4 cups thick Coconut milk
- 4 cups Kithul or Coconut trealce
- 2 tsp Salt
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt thoroughly.
- Add a little coconut milk to the flour and mix until the flour forms into small balls like beads. Do not add water.
- Cover and steam the flour beads for abourt 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the steamer and separate the flour beads and set aside.
- Boil the treacle and coconut milk in a large saucepan and add the flour beads while stirring.
- Keep stirring the mixture until oil starts to separate.
- Remove from heat. Transfer into a greased dish and shape into a block.
- Cut into pieces of any shape.
【LK94007669: Saw-dodol. Text by Lakpura™. Images by Google, copyright(s) reserved by original authors.】